Thursday, January 8, 2009

Time for a little catching up!!

To start off with we finished up Christmas with my Dad on Saturday and Christmas with my Mom on Sunday. With Dad we usually fix vegetable soup and that is what we did again this year. He always just comes and spends the day with us. We all got him a GPS unit. He loved it. (I think). We also had my nephew Gage's 6th birthday party on Saturday. He is growing up so fast. I can remember waiting on him to be born for something like 22 hours. ( Poor Sarah)

He had a good birthday with us. Papaw Howe took him to walmart and let him pick out his own birthday present. I think he thought that was pretty neat.

Brent and Moriah



My two Sisters Kelly and Sarah



Brody enjoying some ice cream



On Sunday mom made us some yummy lasagna. We all overate, but it was really good. We opened presents and the children had a blast. Trista received some barbies from Aunt Kelly, anda fashion design kit from my Mom. Trista just absolutely loves doing any kinda craft project.

Brody received some tools from Aunt Kelly. He has been going around fixing everything in the house and he had to take them everywhere. He also received some new John Deere videos from my Mom and step dad. If I here the John Deere song one more time I think I am going to pull my hair out.

Brent got some much needed sleeper from my Mom, and Aunt Kelly got him a Fridge Farm. Thanks some much to everyone for such a nice Christmas.

On Wednesday the 31st, Brent got his first set of shots. He did not tolerate them very well. Trista also received 3 shots. She should be ready to go for kindergarten. Brody made up the wildest story about how he needed shots too. He called them the combine shots and said he had to have them before he could go in the combine. That night we all went to Tera and Alex's for the New Year. The children had a blast. There were lots of children, so the adults or should I say the mom's had a hard time playing their game, but I guess that's what happens when you become a mom. We still had fun!! Thanks Tera for hosting!

On New Year's day we went to Brad's Aunt Sue's. We had a good time, played scum and ate lots of good food. Brent and Papaw Mervin had a relaxing time sleeping in the chair, while Brad and the kids played Dora domino's.

On Monday I was back up and going to work. It was nice to back into a routine, however I would have much rather have stayed at home. I am very thankful for my job, but my dream was to always be a stay at home mom and raise my children, have a big garden, and cook alot. While I was home on maternity leave I got to do some of those things. I truly did enjoy my time off with my children. Brent had a good day on Monday at the sitters, but Tuesday was not as good. Yesterday I believe was ok. Trista and Brody were so excited to go back. I have said it before and I will say it again, but I truly love my sitters. They love my children like they were their own. We love you Mimi and Nay nay.

No comments:

Post a Comment