We have had so much going on. To start off with, Brent went with Brad and I to the Barr-Reeve ball game on Tuesday night. It was Logan's first game back!! ( Way to go Logan). Brent had a ball. Good as gold. He was passed around all night. Trista and Brody went to mamaw's, that was the best place for them. They have always gone to the ball games with us. Anymore all they want to do is run around, so it is best to leave them somewhere
On Wednesday we just hung out at home in the morning. Brad came home at noon and we got ready to go to Janet and Mervin's. We had a great time. Trista and Brody had so much fun with their cousins Sydney and Addison. We started off with appetizers and then mamaw and her girls roasted hot dogs over the fire. That is a tradition they had with their boys every since they had the fireplace and have carried it on. We ate and then it was off to the presents. Everyone had a good time. Trista got a new princess alarm clock, and a princess drawing board from Mamaw and Papaw. Aunt Krista and Uncle Tim got her a new outfit. Brody received a new firetruck and his favorite gift so far a chainsaw from Mamaw and Papaw. He also got a new outfit from Uncle Tim and Aunt Krista. Brent got some new clothes from everyone. He don't know the difference.
We have started a tradition in our new house. We all sleep down in the basement by the Christmas tree. I guess we are trying to spot Santa or something. It was one thing I did every year at home. I think I did it until I moved out of the house. Anyways Trista woke a couple of times and would wake me and say "Mom Santa came he really really did." I would reply great go back to sleep. We had a lot of fun. On Christmas morning Mamaw and Papaw came down along with Aunt Kelly and Uncle Scott to watch the children open their presents. Trista received her roller skates that she had told Santa she wanted and Brody got his combine. He really wanted a big one, but this one is little. I asked him if it was a big one his reply was " No mommy this is a wittle one." It is so sweet he can't pronounce his L's. Trista and Brody also got some much needed socks, underwear, belts and new crocs. Trista got a Hannah Montana keyboard and a perfection game, while Brody received more tractors and semi's and a case to hold them.
Poor Brent he slept though his first Christmas morning. He received a couple of little toys for his car seat and more clothes.
While I finished up breakfast Mamaw was busy helping Trista roller skate and papaw was busy opening Brody's tractors. After mom and Bob left it was time to get ready to go to the Lengacher's. We don't get to make it there every year so it is nice when we do get to go. Trista enjoys getting to play with her cousin Alex. We don't see them often, but when we do the girls love playing together after they warm up to each other again. They ran around with towels on their heads and enjoyed playing under the table. Brody just ate and took a big nap. He just couldn't handle the pressure. Brent of course was just passed around and slept.
At five it was off to the Swartzentruber's. We all love the Swartzentruber get together. Trista and Brody had so much fun playing with Sydney, Brynna, Braylee, Nick, Mackenzie, Allie, Hannah, and all the other cousins that they don't see as often. We enjoyed fellowship and food and played dirty Santa at the end. Sue had made little gift bags for each one of the children. She truly is a thoughtful person.
We made it home had a few squabbles about going to bed. I think everyone was just exhausted. When I layed down in bed last night I thanked God for the wonderful day he had given me. I thanked him for the Son he sent for me. And I thanked him for giving me a wonderful family that I love to take care of. Every night I look at my children and thank God that he gave them to me to take care of. Merry Christmas!!
Congrats to Abby and Kevin on their new baby boy!!!
So cute, Jen:) You have the sweetest little family and no one deserves it more than you...I'm so happy for you!! Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pics. Looks like everyone had a great Christmas.
ReplyDeleteJaxcen makes my mom's 7th grandchild. I have 2, Lindsey has 2, and now Crystal has 3. lol
Happy New Years to your family. Hope it brings many wonderful things:)