Thank you everyone for your prayers. I received a phone call yesterday at work. It was the Dr. office from Louisville, they had to cancel Brent's surgery for Monday. They have 6 brain tumor operations they have to do this week. I just ask that you pray for those families, I think my situation is stressful, I can't imagine what those parents are thinking. Pray also for the doctor doing the surgeries.
Brent has been rescheduled for Monday March 2nd, if all goes as planned.
I honestly believe that this was God's plan all along. When we went to Louisville the day before Thanksgiving to have Brent examined, we did not know what we would be told. The doctor came into the room and was surprised to see this healthy baby. He was expecting a baby with a brain tumor. As he looked over the CT scan he told us he did have a concern and that was he believes Brent has too much fluid on the brain. I don't know all the details he would not tell me what all this meant, he just said we would do an MRI the same time that Brent has his cyst removed. He told us he wanted to do the surgery about 4 months. When I got all the paper work in the mail. The surgery had been scheduled for Monday Jan. 12th which means Brent would not even be 3 months old. After calling the doctor's office several times and asking why at 3 months I heard the same reply over and over(when they would call me back). The chart says under 3 months. Anyways to make a long story short, yesterday the nurse apologised she and the doctor had had a discussion on this because he did what Brent to be 4ths old. I had checked with my pediatrician several times to make sure that it would be ok for Brent to have his surgery under 3 months. All in all things are working the way they are suppose too.
Please also remember lil Joe (Danny and Ashley's boy) he has RSV. I believe his is doing well.
it's amazing to see God at work. I feel he is doing a healing work in little Brent, and we just need to wait on Him-the waiting develops our character, but it is so hard! I was reminded of this just recently when I was reading about Abraham and Sarah, when Sarah had reeived the promise from God that a great nation would come from her and Abrahams seed, but she got impatient, took things in her own hands, and created a lot of misery for everyone.I'm glad you are just waiting on the Lord re: Brent-God is in control!By the way,He is such a cutie,but he also looks like Brad, so how can that be?:)Love you, Brad!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you and your precious family!
ReplyDeleteTonya
glad everything is working out. hope your transition back to work has been smooth.
ReplyDelete