Thursday, January 15, 2009

A day home with my children

Today has been great. I have managed to do some cleaning, play with Brent, lay with Brody, and Trista and I got to play two rounds of Sorry (one of her favorite games). What a good day. We made pizza's for supper the children always enjoy helping. Brad and the boys are just relaxing and watching John Deere movies while Trista is sleeping. Hopefully she is not getting sick.
For Christmas my MOM got me a book. It is called Bedside Blessings by Charles Swindoll; as I was reading the devotion for yesterday it all is clear to me. I have been though many struggles in my life, parents being divorced, losing a child and there are more that I don't want to share, however God has always be faithful. He is there in those times and he knows what I have gone though, what I am going though, and what I will face in the future. The devotion is this:

When the x-ray comes back and doesn't look good remember,
God is still faithful. When you read that heart breaking
note from your mate, remember, God is still faithful.
When you hear the worst kind of news about one of your children
remember, God is still faithful. He has not abandoned you, though
you are tempted to think he has. When we are pressed near
the heart of God, He is faithful and he will hold us.
In his love...He redeemed them, and He lifted them and
carried them.
Isaiah 63:9

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your kids. We love to play board games and make homemade pizzas together also. Just one of those things we always do.
    All of us have dealt with many struggles in life, and no they are not easy. Your devotion tells the one thing we all need to remember God is faithful and always there for us. Thanks so much for sharing. Jen your such a wonderful person and I am glad that I get to read about your family. Maybe we can get together one day soon! Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a fun day w/ your kiddo's! and thanks for your sweet and encouraging comment about nursing on my blog :)

    love the devotion- how true it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love days like that...feeling like you connected with your kids personally. Jenn, you haven't always been dealt the easiest hand, but your faith has been a witness to others. Thank you for helping me keep things in perspective. I'm very thankful for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete