Saturday, February 7, 2009

FriEnDLy FuN!!

Thursday on my day off. Trista got to have a couple of friends over. Ava and Allison. Trista and Ava have become so close almost inseparably since they have started going to preschool together( I don't know what we will do if they get split in kindergarten). Allison has went to the babysitters with Trista all their lives so far. She has two very precious friends, I hope they keep their friendship all their lives. Anyways, they came over and the girls had so much fun. They started the morning by just playing, I really don't know what they were playing, but they were all getting along, that's what mattered to me. We baked some cookies, just the little sugar cookies from wal-mart. The girls loved it though. After lunch we got out the crafts. The little beads that you put on the shapes and iron. The girls loved this, Brody was having fun too. Then back to just playing some more. I was so proud of the girls, usually with 3 girls you have some kinda Tiff, but they really didn't. While I was fixing supper they decided to do another craft. So I let them, Brody was throwing the beads all over the floor. When we (Brody and I were picking them up) he put one or so I thought up his nose. This is our conversation:
Brody: Mommy I can't get it out.
Me: Brody quit picking you nose. that's disgusting

Brody: It's won't come out.

Me: Brody I SAID quit picking your nose.
Then it dawns on me.. Did he stick one of those beads up his nose. I investigated and sure enough there was a bright blue bead. I tried everything to get this bead and it was just so far up there I could not get it. Finally after about 20 minutes I got the crazy thing out. As I was looking up his nose I thought I must have damaged some tissue or something, because it was all swollen or so I thought again. I asked Brody if he had another bead up their. No mommy he says. So the girls and I are wrapping up their second craft when Brody comes running out the bedroom saying Mommy, Mommy it came out, I sneezed and it comed out. I looked up there and sure enough he had another bead stuck. I guess when he sneezed it turned it so I could see it better. A nice pretty reddish pinkish bead. We got that out and the girls were all excited because we did not have to go to the ER. After I had them both out I couldn't be mad at my little guy, I just started laughing and Brody said. That funny mommy, that funny. My reply was NO.
After supper the girls went home. That was the end to our wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Jen, Brody's story reminded me of some stories of Shirley and her kids as they were growing up.(Jordan actually got a fish hook caught in his nose and they DID go to the ER. :)I often wish Shirley would have kept a journal of all the funny little stories of childhood-it could have been a best-seller!

    ReplyDelete