Monday, February 23, 2009

4 months, Talent Show, and many firsts


My sweet baby Brent turned 4 months on Saturday. I can not even believe how time really does fly. You would think that my 3rd baby I would know this by now, but it truly never does sink in I don't think. He has not advanced much. He still just rolls from his belly to his back, but he can out talk anyone. He has that infectious smile as Papaw Mervin would say. He is just a pretty laid back boy. I will know his measurements today. On Saturday he had many firsts. He got to take a bath in the kitchen sink. He absolutely enjoyed this. He got to stretch out and just sat there and relaxed with a big ole smile on his face. He also got his first taste of rice cereal. He thought it was grand. He opened wide and slurped it down. Brent had his first round of antibiotic this week also, I believe it is working well. His sinus infection is about gone.


4 months


Last night we had talent night at church. My friend Jamie organized for a few children to go up front, recite a verse and sing the "wormy" song and this little light of mine. Trista's verse was Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth. She did a great job. Brody did not have a verse because we did not plan on him being up front, but he wanted too. So he said his ABC's it was too cute! After the program Jamie had ice cream cones for the children. I tell you what she thinks of it all. They had so much fun. All the little children did great. We have a bunch of talented children coming up. Watch out Misty! LOL





2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, he is SO CUTE! I'm sure he doesn't lack of kisses and squeezes..because that's what those cheeks just scream! ha ha. I've figured out a system with the farm show...it works best to go our separate ways for a bit b/c I can get very bored standing looking at things like that engine??? I have no clue what all it does....but I do get excited seeing Griffin's face light up at all the machinery. It fascinates him thus I have fun watching him. ha ha. I enjoy my time with my boy now because I know soon enough he is just going to want to be with the guys ALL the time!! Thank goodness I've got the girls! or I might be a lonely lady! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete