Friday, August 14, 2009
What a WILD Week!
Talk about one crazy week, we had it. Monday I decided to take off of work, because it was Trista's last day of summer break. We did not do much other than play games and just enjoy the day. Then came our exciting first day of school. All was well, until the bus was like 25 mins late. Trista was a little nervous, she thought she missed the bus. On Wednesday she was flipping on the monkey bars and fell off, scraped her knee and need an ice pack and a band aid. I do believe Thursday was going well until the going home, she was following a little boy and he slammed one of those big heavy metal doors in her face, knocked her to the ground. Also on Thursday we had meet the teacher night. That was very exciting and Trista was wound tight. She had to show us everything from her classroom to how they eat lunch. toooo cuuuute! Brody just keeps saying he can't wait to g0 to school. Little side note, Brody informed us tonight that North Daviess and Barr-Reeve are the same school. What have I done to my child? Also on Thursday night around 10:15 pm we had to take Trista to the ER. Her throat was so swollen. Her tonsils were about the size of those big rubber bouncy balls. We have had to deal with a lot of sickness with Trista, but never anything to do with her tonsils. I hope that is not a sign of things to come. That would bring us to today. She was extremely exhausted we did not get home from the ER until 1:30 am and she was so wore out. I tried to wake her this morning at 7:20 and of course she was in a horrible mood, I could not do anything right all she wanted to do was sleep. I told her she was going to miss the bus and things changed, she hopped out of bed, got dressed, took her medicine, and ate a cereal bar going down the driveway. I dropped the boys off at the sitter got to work and at like 10:30 am got a call from the school saying Trista had thrown up in the classroom, I needed to come get her. So all in one week, she has been late to school, bruised up from school, knocked down, needed an ice pack, and thrown up in class. Let's hope next week goes a little bit better. She has been quiet the trooper, never complained once until today. All in all she absolutely loves school. I am so looking forward to this year and watching her grown in academics and relationships! On a side note, Brent and I went to Wal-Mart tonight and he started waving bye bye to everyone. Way to go Brent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
poor girl! sounds like a rough first week!! hope she is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteso sweet..what a first week of school!!! hope next week goes better and she is feeling better...
ReplyDeleteAww, Trista! lol. I knew about the late bus, scraped knee, late-night trip to the ER, being exhausted the next day...but when I read she threw-up in class, I just laughed! Poor thing! Hope she is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteAWW! The poor girl! That is a bad start. Hope she is feeling better. Hailey told me that Trista had a bad sore throat and it made her throw up.
ReplyDelete