Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trista's 1st day of Kindergarten!

I can not believe my little girl had her first day of Kindergarten today! The day started out like this. Me waking at 5:30 am to get a shower ( that I forgot to wash my hair in) get breakfast rolling and try to look presentable for my Kindergartner to catch the bus. Trista awoke at 6:39 am and was so excited. She put her clothes on and decided she would like some cocoa puffs to eat. So much for the big breakfast I was wanting to prepare. We did her hair, two french braids, and watched for the bus. As we were waiting for the bus I asked Trista if she remember to brush her teeth like I told her. She must have been a little nervous, because she forgot! The bus must have been having a few problems running the route, because it did not get to our house until 8:05 am and I think she is suppose to be there around 7:40 am. Brody of course walked Trista and I to the end of the highway. He was a such a big boy. I am so glad Trista does not have to cross the highway, because as she was stepping onto the bus here comes a car not paying attention I guess and ran the stop arm. Talk about the momma bear coming out of me. All I could was holler Hey Lady!! The bus driver laid on the horn, but did no good. Trista stepped up on the bus like a big girl. All I could after that was pray. I prayed that God would keep her safe, I prayed that God would give her a good day. I prayed that she would make new friends, I prayed the teachers kept their cool, I prayed that she would eat her lunch so that she would not be starving. And so many more. I thought of her all day. Just wondering what she was doing at that point in time. Brody went wild after she left. It was like he knew there was no one there to boss him. Brent didn't seem to mind to much today, but I bet he will notice tomorrow at the sitters. We were awaiting her arrival home. Brody and I made her a after school snack which consisted of rice krispie treats and Tropical puch kool aid. We seen the bus go by and Myself and the boys went down to greet her off of the bus. The first she said was Mom, I had 3 recesses today. I came to the conclusion recess was her favorite part! What else would it be? She was so proud that she could do the monkey bars by herself. She told us who she shares a locker with and who she sits by at lunch. She was just so big. I am so proud of her! I will leave you with some pictures!
Waiting for the bus!
Walking down the long driveway...I can so remember doing this as a kid!Brody had to wait with her!
Brody trying on Trista's backpack!Getting on the bus for the 1st time as a Kindergartner!Coming home from a good first day of school!

4 comments:

  1. I think there is little tear forming in my eye.. i just can't beleive that she is going to school.. really makes me realize how big they are getting.. good girl trista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Griffin was all about the 3 recesses too! Trista is too cute in the pics! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics! glad trista had a great first day!! i don't even want to think about B starting to kindergarten next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you already know how excited I was for Trista's big day, but it's so sweet seeing the pictures! I just love her to death and I can't believe she is in school!!

    ReplyDelete