Sunday, April 18, 2010

Crazy Busy Week!

I have been a very bad blogger, like I knew I would be, but I hope to get a little better. This past week was so crazy. Brad is back in the fields full force. This is a job he thoroughly enjoys, but is very time consuming for everyone. Brody absolutely loves to go with him and I think Brent is going to be the same way. On Monday we started of with work and school as usual. After work, Trista had her very first softball practice. She did great! I was so pleased with her. If you know Trista she does not like physical activity unless it is gymnastics. She really surprised me. When I asked what her favorite part of practice was she replied " I like to hit." I asked what her second favorite thing was she said it was running the bases...SHOCKER! Trista hates to run. Tuesday was no slower. After school and work it was off to the gym for gymnastics, then on to doughnut hill for the annual RTC meeting. One of these years I know that I will win the grand prize, like the other 100's of people there. We stopped to pick up Mamaw Janet on the way. Papaw, bless his heart, took care of the boys for me. On Wednesday Trista had a very exciting day. Her first field trip as a kindergartner. They went to Evansville to see an orchestra. "Peter and the Wolf" was the title. She loved it. That night we made a flying trip into washington for some milk, then off to church for a yummy supper and AWANA. Brody decided to stay in the tractor instead of going to church with us. I usually do not let that happen, however this week was an exemption. I was off on Thursday. The boys and I did some more running. We went and got most of the stuff for our garden and flowers for the landscaping. We had a great day to get it all in the ground. I was suppose to have Bible school meeting that night, however the lady in charge got sick..poor thing. Friday was back to work and school. I picked the kids up from the sitters and we came home. That sure did feel good. Saturday was another great day. Brad was able to sleep in some and have breakfast with us. The kids miss him so much when he is in the field. Then it was off to Evansville with my sister and her little boy. We had four kiddos with us and things actually went really, I mean really smooth. I was able to get Brody and Brent in for pictures! We did a little shopping in the mall, went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch, and then to Sam's Club. What a great day! Then the start of another new week SUNDAY! Today was such a wonderful day. Days like today is one of the things I always thought motherhood would be like. Up early for church. After a good sermon we had a church fellowship dinner. I always enjoy them. First of all it is nice not to have to cook a Sunday meal, and second of all I love to visit..Don't get me wrong sometimes I'm not in the mood to visit, but for the most part I absolutely love it! I love that my children get to spend time with their friends and I love that I can sit and talk with people. We came home with 3 kids however I lost one of mine and gained one that wasn't mine. Ava came home with us and Brody got to go with Jake. All the kiddos had a great time. Trista and Ava's highlight of the day was putting make up on Brad while he was sleeping. They thought that was great! Then a few of us met up at the ball field for a little softball practice. I love being around kids and I love days like this when a spur of the moment type deal comes up and everyone has a good time. I don't know that this week will be any slower, but I love that fact that we are able to do things. God blessed me with a good husband and 3 healthy children! Although we are busy and things are crazy I love my life and I love my family!

3 comments:

  1. lol- i love to visit too :) sometimes i talk way too much! hahaha :)

    miss ya jen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was a great day! I can't wait to watch the girls in games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy gal, you forgot to mention you were mowing the yard too! LOL! I saw you when I was at K & C's across the highway...All I could see was the lawnmowwer from the back and I asked Carrie who was mowing b/c you looked like a little kid all I could see was your head! LOL! your little ones are so sweet! Also Megan did tell me that Brent was lovin on her...I'm sure she LOVED every minute of it! Griffin was and still is the same with "big girls"....he just flocks to them! LOL! It's cute now...not sure I'll like it when he's 16 flocking to girls? Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete