So if you have a birthday close to Christmas what do you do? When I was a kid I was always told this is for your birthday and Christmas together. Everyone else always got to celebrate their birthday's separate. So this question goes out to my friend (you know who you are;) ) do you celebrate separate or together. Do you get one present or two? Well my birthday is close to Christmas and I got two. This year Brad and the children took me to Santa Clause, IN to see the story of Rudolph told by Christmas lights. It was beautiful...if you know me I looooove Christmas lights. We drove through the campgrounds and looked at all the wonderful lights. Trista and Brody loved it. They thought it was pretty cool to get to ride up front and help Dad read the story on the storyboards. Brent's eyes were as wide as they could go just trying to take it all in. When we came to the end of the road there was a lady was handing out free picture coupons with Santa. So we went to the shopping plaza and all had our picture taken with Santa. The kids absolutely loved the evening and so did I. While at the plaza the kids were amazed by the lighted Christmas tree. It changed lights to the tune of "Here comes Santa Claus". It was pretty amazing! I do cherish family moments like this so very much. I am always trying to come up with good memories for my children!
So do you give one present or two my friend? ;)
well i don't think this is directed at me, BUT since i have a couple of special people in my life w/ birthdays close to christmas, i'll answer! TWO of course!!! i always get irritated when people try to do that to Brycen... his birthday isnot christmas!!! and christmas is not his birthday! both are to be celebrated separately! my mom's birthday is the 12th (the day before brycen's) and i always make sure to make her birthday present separate from her christmas present.
ReplyDeleteJen, I am really going to strive to make my boys' birhdays just as special to them as Lillie's in in July...:) I have had many say this is very important and do TWO presents.. Karson it is easy his birthday is Dec. 4th so we really aren't in the Christmas present giving mood yet, but Pierce ugh..the 26th.. this year we didn't do much since he was only ONE, but for future birthdays I don't know how i'm going to make it SOOO EXCITING.. without outdoing Christmas... anyways.. im always up for advice also, but as far as presents go.. definately seperate!
ReplyDeleteAs the mama to a Christmas day baby - seperate all the way!! Birthday paper, a cake and all. We have found it is easier to make a time entirely seperate and celebrate then. We let Sam pick this year and he chose a weekend almost a month in advance - worked out great for all since the holidays are so busy!!
ReplyDeleteWell .. since I am sure you are posting this to me .... lol
ReplyDeleteWe were considering just having one party per year to cover all the birthdays and Christmas. Maybe hold it in July? Think of all the hassle it would save! What do you think??
Ha Ha Ha
Well, I am a day after Christmas baby and now some 30+ years later, I do have some advice, lol! When I was younger we always came home from my Grandparent's house on my b-day and it was kind of a bummer day and you can't have slumber parties, bc people are out of town, etc. Soooo, my parents let me have a half birthday party...in July! It was great, we did cake, presents, just like a reg b-day party!
ReplyDelete